Monday, 4 November 2013

Pop Art Costume!

I really wanted to wait until my sister had sent me the pictures she took on her good camera before writing this post but then I realised by that point it will probably be around about Christmas and no one will care about costumes anymore so instead here is my costume from this year courtesy of my shitty iphone pictures!



If you can't already tell this year I decided to do my own take on the Andy Warhol Pop art and in particular the crying girl. If you seen my last post (here) about my previous costumes you would notice I don't like to spend a lot of money on costumes and tend to focus it more around makeup which is why this was perfect for me! The costume in total cost me £4 which is how much i picked the top up for in the h&m sale!
For my face the only makeup i used was primer and foundation and the rest was made up from face paints which I fortunately already own. For eyelashes I used the Eyelure Katy Perry blue Colour Pop Lashes which turned out to be perfect for this look! (Not sure the pictures do them much justice!)

I was considering doing a step by step tutorial but I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested so you can let me know if you are!

I don't have a full length picture of my whole outfit (yet) so here are a couple I've stolen from facebook, not sure how my friends will feel about them being up here but oh well!



At the time it was a good idea to polka dot and detail my ears, neck, arms, legs and feet as well as my face,  but this decision was instantly regretted when i started work at seven the next morning. Thankfully the face paint washes off super easy and I think it does bring the whole costume together!
I already owned this blue midi skirt from Topshop and for shoes I wore this to one party with bright red heels and to another with red converse so it really can be dressed up or down!

For my hair I just shoved in a scrunchie from Topshop and I think it actually worked pretty well with the whole look but a fascinator or another hair accessory would work equally as good!

What do you think of the pop art look? and let me know what you went as this year!?

Much Love, xx

12 comments:

  1. so gorgeous!!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog, OMG your pop art costume is amaze hahaha :)

    Just followed you on bloglovin' etc. can't wait to read more!

    Vicky xx
    lotsofloveme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks that means so much i really love your blog!! xx

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! I have been planning to do this on my friend for a while now! It looks so cool!
    http://lovelyinlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should give it a go its really easy but so effective! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love this! Love how the whole outfit fits in perfectly too :)

    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so good! You should definitely consider doing a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I really appreciate it and read every single one! I will reply as soon as I can xx